Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another GREAT Quick Cabin Trip


On Thursday night, we finished up the kiddos basketball season at about 7:30. I had been to a CE course in Las Vegas all day and hadn't done a thing to get ready, but since winter weekends are running out, we decided to ditch school and work, and head up to Brianhead. I was worried about snowmobiling in at 11:00 at night, but all was well....cold, but well.
Friday morning, Kari was the only one who wanted to ski, everywone else wanted to be lazy, so she and Travis got to have a daddy/daughter ski date. The day was so nice I had to join them after lunch. Kari is a maniac. I was so surprised. On the first run Trav took off and I decided to go behind Kari. I was looking around, then looked to find Kari and she was already down the hill. She has one speed---FAST, and she has no FEAR. I was pretty scared watching her the whole afternoon, but she did very well. She even tackled a black diamond. Travis and I were both glad to get to spend a little one on one time with her. Travis even said that was one of his best ski days ever!

TUBING!
We had to leave Saturday afternoon to get back for Sunday, but not before we did a little tubing. Trav and Marli sat this one out, while mom, Halle, Adri and Kari raced up and down the hill. You get going so fast. It was a blast. Next time we are taking Mar for sure. She would love it.


















2 comments:

Jamie W said...

Cute pics!

The Skiby Family said...

That Kari...I'm surprised that you were surprised by her quick speed! Looks fun.